During the last week, I’ve been using an Android app to help me tracking my meditation and of course the meditation itself. I figured out Calm to be the answer of my need. I installed it and choose the free version. Though the basics of meditation is fully covered by this version, the pro version offers great benefits as it supposed.
What is meditation? I cited the Buddhist Centre (but sure, meditation is not related to your religious belief because it is universal) that meditation is briefly described as a means of transforming the mind. Meditation practices are techniques that encourage and develop concentration, clarity, emotional positivity, and a calm seeing of the true nature of things. By engaging with a particular meditation practice you learn the patterns and habits of your mind, and the practice offers a means to cultivate new, more positive ways of being. With regular work and patience these nourishing, focused states of mind can deepen into profoundly peaceful and energised states of mind. Such experiences can have a transformative effect and can lead to a new understanding of life.
The feature I love to use is the tracker because it keep motivates me to ‘calm’ another day. I am trying to use it in the morning and yeah it helps and does not help me. It helps because it gives me time to relax before morning schedule but this is not going to be easy if you start your day too late. You are going to meditate in a not quite surroundings and it will bother you a lot in the process.
If you’d like to try this app, I suggest you to schedule an early morning wake-up habit as well because it just works that way. I will update this post sooner when I’ve tried to use this app before I sleep (as it promises better sleep). Have some experiences using Calm? Feel free to let me know.
Take a look at a quick description of Calm. Here I give you what the Calm.com Inc, said on Playstore:
Need a little more calm in your life? You’ve come to the right app!
Now available for Android, Calm can help you meditate, sleep, relax and much more. By downloading this app, you’ll discover how meditation can improve your mood – and your life.
– The 7 Days of Calm – learn how to meditate with this easy-to-follow program
– The 21 Days of Calm – deepen your meditation practice with our paid program available only to subscribers
– 7 guided meditation sessions from 2 to 30 minutes – for whenever you need a break from your day.
– 10 beautiful, immersive nature scenes – choose the perfect background sounds and scene to help you relax!
– 16 blissful music tracks by meditation music master, Kip Mazuy.
– 50 premium guided meditations for focus, creativity, energy, confidence, sleep and much more!
– New content added monthly!
Also, visit Calm Web-app to discover the power of meditation now.